Well, it’s that time of year again. Making that Thanksgiving list. Hope yours is as meaningful to you, as ours is to us.
1. Customers and friends who stick with us come hell or high water….and there has been a lot of high water in the world lately, eh?
2. Dogs. The Yujean packs come in all shapes and sizes, from Pumpkin the toy poodle, to Henry the Newfoundland, (who comes in only occasionally, but that’s because the drool threatens to bring down the entire computer network.) Whatever, they keep the blood pressure down, and the sanity within reach.
3. Employees who are also friends, who love what they do and translate it, we hope, to the aforementioned customers and friends. What a great group of people.
4. Our artists. Creative, talented, hardworking, loyal. They MAKE us!!!! We admire, and are grateful for, every single one! Thank you for trusting us with your work!
5. Oregon. Our home. Beautiful, temperate; home of the McKenzie and Umpqua Rivers, hipster Portland, granola-Eugene (where we are), folksy LaGrande and logging Coos Bay and some of the most beautiful coastline in the world.
6. And speaking of Oregon, some of us are thankful that the University of Oregon Duck football team is ranked #1 in the whole freaking country!!!! (Others of us just don’t care so much, but I don’t think they sat through all the pitiful losing seasons the rest of us did….) GO DUCKS!!!!!!
7. Even though things may not have changed as dramatically and as fast as we would have hoped, we are thankful that, for the moment, there are pockets of sanity, decency and lawfulness in our government. It gives us some hope.
8.We are thankful that we and our families have food, shelter and work, and wish the same for every other family around the world.
9. Our partners, our parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins. Families come in all sizes and shapes and colors, and degrees of genetic connection or not. What a great thing that, finally, gay marriage is supported by MOST AMERICANS!!! For this, and everything else that supports the importance of family values–REAL family values!!–we are profoundly grateful!
10. We are thankful for another day, another chance, another opportunity. Thankful for a future.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!